Wednesday, October 6, 2010

We finally made it.  22 hours of travel and we are here.  Yay!!  The flights were great, just long. We are experiencing some pretty bad jet lag.  Last time we were in Kaz, I couldn't sleep.  This time I can't stay awake.  At least, Keith and I are on the same schedules.  We are both unconscious most of the time.  In Uralsk, he was asleep all the time and I was roaming the apartment.  It will probably take about 2 weeks and we should be back to normal.(No comments)  I hope this post is ok, as it is my first time emailing posts. Blogger has been blocked in Kazakhstan.  So, I won't be able to read any comments.  If you would like to send a message, please email us.
 
We arrived in Almaty on Sunday at about 3 am.  We slept, met with our agency and were put back on a plane for 1.5 hr flight to Astana.  We landed in Astana at 8 pm.  The weather in Almaty was beautiful; 80s and sunny.  An hour and half north in Astana; cold and gray.  It is unbelievable here.  It feels like NYC.  Tall buildings, crowded streets, traffic and the lovely aroma of exhaust.  Hard to believe we are half way around the world. We are looking forward to some sight seeing as there is a lot more to see here than in Uralsk. 
 
Our apartment is nice, comfortable and not too far from the babyhouse.  We did have to wait for phone and internet service, thus the delay in our first post. Now we are set up and ready for service.  We really missed  not having a phone as we wanted to talk to our family, especially to check on our little buddy, Liam.  I can't tell you how much we miss him.  We know he is in the best hands possible and he is fine but we still miss him.  We can never thank my Mom and Dad enough.  Hopefully, this month flies. 
 
We have a great team working with us over here, both in Almaty and Astana.   In Astana, we have a interpreter, driver and coordinator and we feel very comfortable with them.  They have been very accommodating and great to us so far. 
 
We had our first meeting at the baby house and we were shown a beautiful little girl.  She is adorable.  The first day she was soo afraid.  They woke her up to come meet us.  She didn't know what was going on and just took everything in.   Yesterday, our second visit, she was much more comfortable and was giving out smiles for free.  The most surprising thing to us was, she got up on her knees and took off.  We couldn't believe it.  Not that I am comparing, ok I guess I am, but Liam did not crawl on his knees until we were home and home for a while.  She also stands holding your fingers, tries to push herself up into a sitting position and is very alert.  She turns to look at every sound she hears.  She is just the cutest thing and we loved her immediately.  Hopefully, all will go well and she will be the newest member of our family.  
 
Well it is time for a nap and then our third visit.  I can't wait for everyone to meet little Baby T. 

1 comment: