Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Perfect October day

Today was such a nice day out.  The weather was beautiful.  Our translator said that it was a typical October day. Hopefully, this weather will hold for a couple more days.  Keith will then get to experience the real Astana cold when he comes back hopefully in December.
 
 Little T actually smiled at us when we went in to get her.  I am pretty sure she recognizes us. We are soo happy she knows who we are and yet we are sad because soon we leave for about 6 weeks.  Why? Why? Why?   We don't get it, but we go with the flow. Little T was eating when we first went in and then she needed to be changed.  I love that we get to be part of her routine.  In Uralsk with Liam, we weren't allowed in his room.  Little T was very active today.  She was crawling all over.  She has learned that by crawling over to someone and staring up at them gets her picked up. Pretty smart.  She used that move several times today.   Her little buddy was in the room with us but they ignored each other today.  Little T is very content to just sit and look out the window.  Today, we had a special treat since all the children were outside playing. They spotted us(the baby) and were all waving up at us.  It was the cutest thing.  It is going to be soo hard to leave here.
 
After our visit, we went to a newer Mall.  I am not sure what it is modeled after but it looks like a cone with a pencil sticking out the top.  It is a Mall like back home.  You would never know you are in Kazakhstan.  The GAP, Steve Madden, Timberland are just some of the stores in the mall and coming soon is Cinnabon.  It was a beautiful mall and big.  I think it had 4 floors.  We loved it.  We ate lunch at a delicious restaurant and then had to walk off all the food we inhaled.  I think this might have been our best meal here so far.  On the 3rd floor of the mall, there is park for the children.  It was pretty big, including a roller coaster type ride that went around the perimeter of the Mall.  I can not believe anyone would actually go on this ride, but it was pretty popular.  I, myself, am big chicken and didn't even like looking at it.  On the top floor of the mall,  there is a beach.  It is unbelievable.  There are pools with sand all around them.  They had 3 pools.  The beach side and then the play side with all kinds of water slides.  It had to have been about 110 inside.  It was soo hot.  They also have a nice spa that offer massages at a reasonable price.  We might have to check into that a little further. 
 
When we came outside,  I noticed that everywhere I looked, things are placed perfectly.  Through every cutout in a building there is always something centered in the background. Not only is it unbelievable how everything is placed, but the architecture is all so different.  I took a picture of an apartment building I thought was pretty interesting.  It was modeled after a famous building in Russia and of course, I don't know the name. Sorry.   I can't imagine the planning that went into designing this new part of Astana.  It is truly an amazing city and we really like it here.  Hopefully, we will be back when the children are older   Just not in the winter....

No comments:

Post a Comment