As I write this, I have been awake for some time, but not sure how long I will last. Yesterday, there was definitely something in the air. I fell asleep immediately after our visit with little T at around 4:15pm and woke up this morning at around 4:30am. Keith also fell asleep early. Even during our visit, we were falling asleep on the mat when we were playing with her. It does not help that the room is about 95 degrees. No joke. We open the windows when we first get there, but then they have to be shut when the children come in along with the door. Makes for a nice sauna. My poor little peanut just sweats like crazy. Her hair had a lovely sheen from being soaking wet. When previous families that visited this baby house told me they keep the baby house warm, they were not kidding.
Today, we had another good visit, each day she progresses a little more. It's amazing what a little human contact and love can do. She is now crawling off the mat, a little crazy, but she gets to where she has to go. She also just recently starting drooling a lot, so maybe a tooth will make an appearance while we are here. Liam got his first tooth right before we came home, so I hope we get to experience her first tooth. She loves being with other children so we put her in front of the mirror to see what she would do. She had a lovely conversation with the cute little girl she was looking at. It was pretty funny. It gets harder and harder to leave her each day. She is already apart of our hearts and family. I don't know what we are going to do when we have to leave for home without her.
Since we can't seem to stay awake, today's mission is to make it to dinner. We will see how it goes.

No comments:
Post a Comment