Today is October 14th and it's my niece, Shannon's birthday. Happy birthday Shannon!!
We went to the baby house for our visit and Little T seems to get excited now when she sees us. We changed her, put on her clothes and then prepared to play for 2 hrs in the sauna room. I know, I have spoke about this before, but I can't tell you enough how hot it is in that room. Little T was very cooperative with her picture taking to wish her cousin a happy birthday. The funny thing was she liked the piece of paper more than the toys laying around her. She also has got some grip. We had to really pry the paper out of her hands when she would start to eat it. She has also started picking more things up by herself. Her motor skills are definitely improving. She even held her bottle for the first time by herself. Very exciting. I know what you are thinking, she IS a genius. We think so too.
Little T was whiny in the beginning of our visit. She felt warm and we brought her back to her room to have her temperature taken. She had a slight temperature and they said it was too hot in the room for her. Hello, what have we been saying. So we got a tea bottle, which she drank and I think she felt much better. We also walked around outside the room, in the halls, where it was cooler. Everyone was much happier. Soon, after, we went back into the sauna and Little T started rubbing her eyes, rolled onto her stomach and put her head down. Ok, a clear sign she was tired. Our visit ended a little early and Keith brought her into her crib.
I realized yesterday, after I sent the post in, that I forgot to mention the warrior on the horse in riverside park. I asked what his claim to fame was and I am quoting our interpreter, "He is a popular Kazakh warrior". There you go folks, stuff you don't read about in the history books. His name was Kenesary Khan. I also attached some photos from around our neighborhood. There is a cute little fruit market in the back around the corner and in the back of our complex, there is a nice little playground. Children are always playing on it , usually later in the day. I also took a picture of the traffic in front of our complex at around 5pm. Just like home.
The weather has started to change. I think fall/winter has finally arrived. Although the day was clear and sunny, it was 20 degrees cooler. Still nice, if it stays this way. Our interpreter just laughed when we asked if it would be like this until we left. I guess that meant no.

No comments:
Post a Comment